After School Program Policies & Procedures
Parent Category: About MAS
After school program fees must be pre-paid. Payment must be received by us on the Friday before in order for the student to be added to the roster for the next week. Placement in the after school program is conditioned on making timely payments. Therefore, failure to make timely payments may result in being placed on a waiting list for re-entry into the program. We cannot pick up students for this program unless payment has been made. After Friday a late fee penalty of $10.00 will be charged, NO EXCEPTIONS. Only those who have subscribed to auto pay will be automatically renewed for subsequent weeks.
Auto pay: Clients may elect to have fees automatically renewed via automatic credit card or debit card charges. Cancel your auto pay schedule at any time. A completed request must be submitted in writing at least 3 business days in advance of your next scheduled auto pay date to cancel. To request the cancellation of your auto pay schedule please contact or office during operating hours.
- Membership and Servides
- No refunds.
- No refunds will be given for merchandise. Unused items in good condition may be exchanged or your account can be credited within 30 days of purchase.
Return Check Policy
There is a $30.00 returned check fee. The amount of the returned check, plus the $30.00 fee, must be paid in cash prior to further participation in the program.
After School Program day-to-day policies
- Students will be picked up by the MAS bus at their respective schools' scheduled dismissal time (early dismissal included).
- The after school program runs according to the Brevard County public school schedule. Therefore, we will only hold Day Camps, Spring Camp, and Winter Camp during public school in-service days and holidays.
- All students must dress appropriately for class. Refer to the student handbook for specific requirements.
- You will be charged for replacement shirts/uniforms given to students who are unprepared. We recommend leaving required clothing in assigned cubbies during the week. Nothing is allowed to remain on the premises over the weekend. Items left will be discarded or moved to the lost and found.
- All students must have a MAS bag to store their class clothing in. Bags must be closed and stored inside assigned cubbies. Students may not keep clothing inside cubbies unless secured in a bag.
- No chewing gum or eating is permitted in the dojo or dance studio.
- All students must have his/her name written on all uniforms, gear and shoes.
- Class will NOT BE INTERRUPTED. Pick up is between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. Students with appointments must be picked up before 4:00 p.m.
- Students must be signed out of the MAS facility each time they are picked up.
- Students should have a snack before class, either packed by you or purchased at MAS. Snacks purchased on account at MAS during any given week will be billed to you one week after. You must let your child know if you do not want him/her charging snacks to your account. MAS does not keep a record of students who are not authorized to charge snacks.
- Guests may view the class either from inside the dojo or dance studio or from the viewing room.
- All students and guests must follow the guidelines below while in the dojo:
- Turn off cell phones and pagers
- Do not interrupt the instruction in any way (guests)
- Remain inside the dojo for the duration of the class
- Coaching is not allowed. Please allow the instructors to provide the guidance.
Schedule and account changes
- Changes to the student's schedule which will occur in the future must be submitted in writing using the forms located inside the sign-out book.
- Last minute or same-day schedule changes must be called in before 1:00 pm to MAS by calling (321) 639-6066 and either speaking with a member of our staff or leaving a voice message.
- Changes to your authorized pick up list must be submitted in writing. We cannot accept changes over the phone. We cannot release the student to anyone not on the authorized list.
Late Pick Up Fee and Non-notification of Absence Fee
- $5.00 Late Pickup Fee: charged every fifteen (15) minutes after 6:01 p.m. Payment is due immediately upon pick up.
- $10.00 Non-notification of absence/last minute schedule change fee: charged per occurrence if MAS is not notified of any schedule changes no later than 1:30 p.m. on the day the change occurs. Notify MAS by calling (321) 639-6066 and either speaking with a member of our staff or leaving a voice message.
Purchasing Required Gear
Gear, uniforms, dance apparel and other equipment must be purchased through MAS only. A list of required gear can be found in the Student Hand Book. Our staff can answer any questions not covered there.
Refer to the Student Hand Book for schedule (not all students will test each time) and additional charges apply. Check with your child's instructor to keep tabs on his/her progress. Do not wait until it is time for testing! Private sessions are available and recommended for fine tuning. Check with the front desk for details and scheduling.
Day Camp on In-service days and Holidays
MAS's After School Karate program follows the Brevard County Public School schedule. Day Camp will be held on all Public School In-Service days and some national holidays providing we have met minimum enrollment. Details and cost will be advertised at MAS and on the studio website, www.masdojo.com, before each camp.